none
Deployment Wizard: Silent mode gives authentication error. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a "Hello World" cube that I am using to prove the deployment process, from development iteration through to scheduled build in production.

It will deploy from BI Studio, or the Wizard when run in interactive mode. In Silent Mode it fails.

--

Configuration:

The data source is a SQL Server DB on the same host that I want to deploy the cube to. The data source has:

- sa + password defined for the DB access, with 'Save my Password' checked.

- a domain account with admin rights + password defined for 'Impersonation'.

In solution properties, 'Remove Passwords' is set to falce.

Behavior:

Deployment works when run from BI Studio.

Deployment also works when I run the Deployment Wizard, in default (interactive) mode. The UI does not prompt for any credentials.

Adding the /s Switch (Silent Mode), results in the following:

C:\>Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment c:\OLAPReportingDev\DeployTest3\Deploy
    Test3\bin\DeployTest3.asdatabase /s
    Reading input files...
    Done
    Connecting to the localhost server
    Database, DeployTest3, found on server, localhost. Applying configuration settin
    gs and options...
            Analyzing configuration settings...
            Done
            Analyzing optimization settings...
            Done
            Analyzing storage information...
            Done
            Analyzing security information...
            Done
    Generating processing sequence...
    Deploying the 'DeployTest3' database to 'localhost'.
    Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.
    Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.
    OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Invalid authorization specification; 28000.
    Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Reporting', Name of 'Reporting'.
    Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Test', Name of 'Test' was being processed.
    Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Value' attribute of the 'Test' dimension from the 'DeployTest3' database was being processed.

I can't work out why this would happen solely because of being in silent mode? Any ideas welcome!
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:02 PM