none
PowerPoint embed excel problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an excel add-in, I found that if I add an excel object to PowerPoint, if I double click the excel table in PowerPoint, it will show "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application".

Besides, the pptx become unable to save and shown "PowerPoint was unable to open or save this document.  Please ensure that you have access privileges to read or write the document and that it is not encryted.", but it can be save before I add the excel object.

If I try to close the PowerPoint after I added the excel object, it's hang and show "Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action." until I kill the EXCEL.exe in Task Manager.

I checked that if I disable the excel add-in, the PowerPoint can add, modify the excel and close the pptx normally.  And I tried to mark all subroutine exit sub in first line of called event but still unable to prevent this problem.

If I set Application.Visible and Application.DisplayAlerts = TRUE when event called, the new inserted excel in slide still unable to edit after added but pptx is able to close, and excel application is keep no exit after PowerPoint is quit.

May I check any hints on this problem?

Win7 32-bits, Office 2007 SP3, VSTO 4

Thanks.

calendarw

Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:19 AM

All replies