none
Error 0x803F7002 after in app purchase

Question

• Hi,

i just published universal Windows 10 to the store. The app was successful published (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1RNMH) and includes one iap. I tried the iap with my Paypal account, and as soon as the purchase was completed the app crashed and wouldn't open again. When I tried to reinstall the app via the app store I just get the Error "0x803F7002" and the app wont install. Any ideas how to fix this?

Friday, August 7, 2015 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

it could be a Windows 10 TP bug. Did you try with a soft reset?
    Let me know

Have a great day,

Daniele

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

i just published universal Windows 10 to the store. The app was successful published (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1RNMH) and includes one iap. I tried the iap with my Paypal account, and as soon as the purchase was completed the app crashed and wouldn't open again. When I tried to reinstall the app via the app store I just get the Error "0x803F7002" and the app wont install. Any ideas how to fix this?

I got the same problem. I'm pretty sure the original poster is on RTM version, otherwise he can't use Visual Studio 2015 RTM to publish app.

Edit: I tried buying that 0.99 remove ads IAP from your app. After I did, I can no longer install the app from store anymore. Wow that's stupid Microsoft.

• Edited by illidanx Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:28 PM
    Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem, Error "0x803F7002" by installing the App from the Store, and if I try to use iap, there is a message saying "buy the full version of the app from the Store to use the iap".

Error is in Windows 10 RTM and latest Windows 10 Mobile Preview.

• Edited by tichachm Monday, August 24, 2015 12:53 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 12:53 PM
  • Bump. No one cares to address this issue?
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

I have contacted the Store Support Team, they are looking into this issue.

If there are any news I will post it here.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

I could fix the problem for me, with following steps:

1. Uninstall the App and all Sideloaded Versions of the App

2. abort (failing) download from the Store

3. re-sett the store cache using wsreset

• Proposed as answer by tichachm Friday, September 9, 2016 7:21 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

I could fix the problem for me, with following steps:

1. Uninstall the App and all Sideloaded Versions of the App

2. abort (failing) download from the Store

3. re-sett the store cache using wsreset

Thanks but that did not work for me. My app is one thing but I have bought the in-app product of the app in the original post and could never downloaded the app again. Of course, I don't have any side-loaded version of that app.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:54 PM
  • Sorry to hear that,

try to contact the support to fix this,

they can give you further assistance:

https://dev.windows.com/en-US/community/windows-app-support

• Proposed as answer by tichachm Friday, September 9, 2016 7:21 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:05 PM
  • I'm having this same problem. After users purchase something the game no longer works, immediately closing on startup with error code 0x803F7002.

I even tried this myself with the same result. I then tried to uninstall and reinstall and the store would not let me download it, stating the same error code 0x803F7002.

Also, when I made the purchase it was successful and I received the confirmation email BUT the purchase process also said there was an error and it was unable to communicate with the "RPC" server, or something similar to that (I don't remember what the exact letters were).

Sunday, September 6, 2015 4:42 AM
  • So, I contacted support and they are trying to help me solve my problem. So far, I have found out that my regular MS account is forever screwed. After a clean install of Windows, if I log in using another MS account, I can download the app and buy the IAPs just fine. However, as soon as I log into my regular MS account, all hell breaks lose. No matter what I do from there, I cannot download the app any more. The only solution is to clean install Windows and never log into my regular MS account. I don't know what broke my regular MS account.

About the lack of complaints about this error, I guess very few people bother developing for Windows 10, much fewer of them implement IAP, so the problem is not widely noticed.

• Edited by illidanx Monday, September 7, 2015 6:46 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 6:33 AM
  • Update on contacting support: support person could not reproduce the issue on their test machine. This is expected as this problem only happens with some certain MS accounts. So they told me to contact consumer support to ask for the refund. That's it. 

Conclusion: W10 is broken. Either you love it enough to keep developing for it or you just leave it.

• Edited by illidanx Monday, September 7, 2015 9:52 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 9:03 PM
  • I had to remove IAPs from my game completely and separate it into 2 versions (free and paid) because this error was happening to a lot of people (including my self test). I had a single 1-star review before this, now I've got 5 or 6 solely because of this problem.

I'm astounded at the lack of interest in this issue. No issue should come to long-time developers having to remove key components of their apps because of reoccurring errors that are ignored.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:49 AM