none
Is it possible to switch between Visual Studio licenses?

Question

• To get straight to the point, I am taking course through university which requires a copy of Visual Studio Enterprise. Because I, like most students taking the class, cannot afford this, we were given a educational license to use it for free while in school through the Dreamspark program. Part of the license agreement is that we cannot use it to develop for commercial projects. Well, I also develop for commercial projects, and have been using Visual Studio Community. The problem is installing Enterprise edition removes Community, and if I re-install community, it removes Enterprise. Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, how was it resolved? If possible, does anyone know of a way I can swap versions on the fly? Thanks in advance!

(X-post to StackOverflow: 
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39157894/is-it-possible-to-switch-between-visual-studio-licenses)
    Friday, August 26, 2016 5:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• How about using a virtual machine while at university or job?
    Friday, August 26, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, one machine only support to install one version of VS2015 except Express version. It is impossible insatll both VS2015 Community and VS2015 Enterprise on one machine.

You could follow Kim Carlsen's advice to use virtual machine to install another version of VS2015.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:08 AM