none
Nuget Lists Update Version as older than the Installed Version

Question

• * If there is a forum specific to Nuget questions please tell me where it is. *

I am working on a VM, but Nuget behaves different than my development machine.

The Installed Version is actually newer than the 'Update' version, but on my local machine the Installed Version is either the same as or less than the Update version.

I don't want to update these files back to an older version, I am just curious why VS asked me to 'Update' to an older version. My dev machine (local) always lists the Update version as up to date or newer.

I am using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise in both locations (local and VM).

Thanks,

Saturday, February 06, 2016 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Data.Jugggler,

Thanks for your post.

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise Update1. And it works well in my side.

I installed the Microsoft.Owin.Security with version 3.00. Then in Updates list. I can see the new version update showed:

And if I installed Microsoft.Owin.Security with the V3.01 version. Then in the Updates list. There is no Microsoft.Owin.Security showed.

The behavior in my side is same to your local machine, it is correct.

And also I did a test on a VM and the behavior is still correct. So I suppose there is something wrong with your VS2015 on your VM. Try to restore the settings of your VS2015 then try it again.

If still no help. I think there is something wrong with your VS2015 on your VM. Try to repair it then try it again or install the VS2015 Update1.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 08, 2016 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Data.Jugggler,

Thanks for your post.

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise Update1. And it works well in my side.

I installed the Microsoft.Owin.Security with version 3.00. Then in Updates list. I can see the new version update showed:

And if I installed Microsoft.Owin.Security with the V3.01 version. Then in the Updates list. There is no Microsoft.Owin.Security showed.

The behavior in my side is same to your local machine, it is correct.

And also I did a test on a VM and the behavior is still correct. So I suppose there is something wrong with your VS2015 on your VM. Try to restore the settings of your VS2015 then try it again.

If still no help. I think there is something wrong with your VS2015 on your VM. Try to repair it then try it again or install the VS2015 Update1.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 08, 2016 2:52 AM
  • Hi Data.Jugggler,

How about your issue now?  If you have any update about your issue. Please feel free to share here.

If your issue was solved, please also mark the reply as an answer which is helpful so that I could close the case.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:47 AM