none
Is there a Command Line Interface (CLI) for store submissions available?

Question

• The current Dev Center is slow. The current process of submitting an app via it is tiresome and one little mistake can destroy a whole days work of picking and clicking through this awful UX.

I wonder if there is a (secret) tool chain for submitting apps to the store via commandline (powershell, node)? Something like: here is the folder with the .appxupload and a bunch of promo pics, translated texts and what else. Take it, zip it, and create a remote store submission with it. It could be triggered by CI builds even.

I refuse to believe MSFT goes through all this various screen in the dev center submission process (for every language no less!). I am sure they have another way to publish their apps.

I tried to scrape the dev center page to automate the process myself, but I gave up. Everywhere Angular javascript, the hideous complicated Live account login procedure and other complicated stuff.

Is there really now Web-API/Win API available for the store submission?

Monday, November 9, 2015 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Store submission CLI is not an offered functionality at this time; however, that’s great feedback, and I’ll pass it on. Also, when you get to that page in the Dev Center there is a feedback button on the bottom right where you can submit these types of feature requests. If you would like any further clarification, feel free to contact us here.

• Edited by Justin H. - MSFT Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by pkursawe Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Store submission CLI is not an offered functionality at this time; however, that’s great feedback, and I’ll pass it on. Also, when you get to that page in the Dev Center there is a feedback button on the bottom right where you can submit these types of feature requests. If you would like any further clarification, feel free to contact us here.

• Edited by Justin H. - MSFT Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by pkursawe Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:44 PM
  • Thanks for you reply, Justin. Maybe you can also pass on I'd be willing to contribute to that once a Dev Center REST API exists. It can't be to hard to set that up on MS side I think. After all, the dev center is already using backend calls to some sort of API, protected by the users login credentials.

That is a feature missing in the playstore and itunes connect too, btw. Very frustrating to do *anything* by hand in a CI env. Its especially annoying in the MS dev center, because its so slow (Angular?) and the UX is hideous (as I pointed out here in another post). It would greatly benefit the MS store to be the first one that could be fully integrated into CI (TeamServer) env. Don't you think?

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:06 PM