Can't get Web API working on remote dev IIS on AWS RRS feed

• Question

• User956626884 posted

HI,

I got a few Web APIs and was able to get them to work with Visual Studio built-in IIS and my local IIS. On my local pc, I was able to call or consume a method and saw all the json data being fetch and populated on my postman testing tool and chrome browser.

I remoted into the AWS IIS server and copy/paste the files to the folder. Exact same location as in my local environment. All the WebAPI are configured the same as my local IIS.

My first test is to click on each WebApi in the remote AWS IIS server and clicked browser. IE browser came up on the windows server 2012 and it looks like it is working. 
    However, when I tried to pull data within the AWS server with IE browser, a Bad Request 400 came back.

I tried with both HTTP and HTTPS but I can't consume the data from the AWS IIS with my deployed AWS deployed.  The IE browser, which I typed

http://localhost:8888/api/ControllerName/GetManyNames

does not return any data. It just keep spinning until I see the Bad Request 400 error.

This is on a remote AWS IIS box. I am stuck and not sure how to fix this issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 12:04 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

The link references localhost.  What is the actual domain on AWS?

Thursday, November 1, 2018 1:31 PM
  • User956626884 posted

Hi,

When I use the localhost, I am inside the AWS box via remote desktop connection. The AWS IIS is version 8.5 and windows server 2012 but my local is Windows 10.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:09 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi comicrage,

My first test is to click on each WebApi in the remote AWS IIS server and clicked browser. IE browser came up on the windows server 2012 and it looks like it is working. 
    However, when I tried to pull data within the AWS server with IE browser, a Bad Request 400 came back.

What do you see in your browser after you click "Browse" option in your IIS manager? is it a view page or some xml/json data? 

If you make request to another action(s) that support HttpGet, does it return 400 too?

I remoted into the AWS IIS server and copy/paste the files to the folder. Exact same location as in my local environment. All the WebAPI are configured the same as my local IIS.

Not sure if any additional settings need to be configured on AWS server, if possible, please post your question in AWS discussion forums.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, November 2, 2018 5:57 AM