none
Creating a Console Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there,

I'm trying to begin learning C#, but the tutorials out there all require me to creating a Console Application based project. However, when attempting to do so, the option isn't there for me (Visual Studio 2017). From my New Project window, there is no "Console Application" option as I'm being told there is. I'm not exactly sure what to do here, could anyone give me some tips of maybe needing to install a new version, or anything of the sort?

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• File, then new, then project should show "Visual C#", click on the down arrow, then "Windows Classic Desktop".  There should be "Console App (.NET Framework) and "Console App (.NET Core)

Friday, November 10, 2017 6:07 PM
  • Look for something as in the following.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:01 PM
  • Hi UghThatGuyAgain,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, maybe you did not install the features which you want. Please refer to the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/install-visual-studio

In the Step 4 - Select workloads, choose .net desktop development to install.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

You can look into below tutorial to get start. Hope this will help you.

C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, November 13, 2017 10:32 AM
  • Hi UghThatGuyAgain,

If your issue is solved please Mark as answer or Vote as helpful post to the appropriate answer so that it will help other members to find solution if they faces similar issue.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:40 AM