Windows Phone 8.1 - Displaying Pdf

Question

• I recently released a Windows 8.1 app - The Book of Psalms for Worship, which uses the Windows API to render out pages in an underlying PDF document for sheet music.

I would like to make this a Universal App and support Windows Phone, but I cannot seem to find any suitable way to render out Pdfs in Windows Phone. I know there are some commercial solutions, but they seem out of my price range, as this is a fairly low volume app, and I hardly think we'd recoup the expenditure. Any solutions that can be had for a commercial application on Windows Phone?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Romeshp,

I’m sorry to tell you that Windows.Data.Pdf.PdfDocuemtn API is not available for windows phone universal app yet. You can try to write your own PDF Displayer library. If you need this API in windows phone, you can vote this on UserVoice for this feature.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:56 AM