Spammer intruding on Forum! RRS feed

• Question

• I notice repeated resurrections of old posts on this forum by a user (David Mamal).  This is obviously a spammer, and his accompanying link should not be opened.  Is there any way a forum moderator can simply delete all his posts and refuse new ones?  It's pushing more recent posts off the first page.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• PC,

I was about to suggest to you, and others, to report the offending posts. However, I can't find the "Report as Abuse" link that used to appear with each post.

Am I just missing it, or is the abusive post reporting feature no longer available?

Edit: I really need another cup of coffee...or something. I see the link. Boy, I think I finally reached the BDOF stage! :-)

--P

Columbia, CA. USA The Gilded Moon-Sierra Nevada Photography
    • Edited by Preston B Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:35 PM Addition
    • Marked as answer by pctek Thursday, July 8, 2010 6:35 PM
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:30 PM
  • The link is there - except when the post has already been reported as abusive, which his have been.  You'll see a note to that effect in his posts.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:55 PM

All replies

• PC,

I was about to suggest to you, and others, to report the offending posts. However, I can't find the "Report as Abuse" link that used to appear with each post.

Am I just missing it, or is the abusive post reporting feature no longer available?

Edit: I really need another cup of coffee...or something. I see the link. Boy, I think I finally reached the BDOF stage! :-)

--P

Columbia, CA. USA The Gilded Moon-Sierra Nevada Photography
    • Edited by Preston B Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:35 PM Addition
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:30 PM
  • The link is there - except when the post has already been reported as abusive, which his have been.  You'll see a note to that effect in his posts.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:55 PM
  • Lori has deleted his posts.  It's a bit more complicated to actually remove his access but we'll set that in motion.
    Paul Bartholomew, Microsoft Expression Web
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:06 PM