none
Office 2016 Click-To-Run changes RRS feed

• Question

• I am updating an Outlook add-in to support OL 2016. I have discovered that the click-to-run registry keys appear to have changed significantly from Office 2013. The CTR private registry clone area was located under Office\15.0\REGISTRY for 2013 but with install of 2016, the registry clone area is located at Office\Click-To-Run. I'd really like to find some doc or a discussion of these changes and just what the CTR scheme is for 2016 and how it has changed from 2013.

I also observed that even though I installed Office from the ISO for local install, it appears to have installed itself as a CTR form of Office. I was not expecting that and I am not sure what to make of that. I installed from ISO but the CTR registry keys are present and monitoring registry access when OL 2016 is running shows registry redirects to the CTR registry clone.

Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hello Richard,

There is no technical docs available. I expect them be published on October,1 or right after Office 2016 is available for MSDN subscribers. 

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:33 PM
  • Eugene,

2016 is already available on partner network, not sure about MSDN. Where do you expect such documentation to be published?

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:50 PM
  • You are right, volume licensing versions will be available on October 1 via the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) at http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter

For example, see the Outlook section in MSDN library. I have never seen such sections or detailed what's new for developers on the web site. So, everybody is waiting for the docs.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:10 PM
  • Just an update. The ISO I used was in fact a CTR install. I did not look closely enough. The ISO came from the partner network site. No regular (local) install available there. MSDN appears to have regular install ISO.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:15 PM