none
Getting Error: Your Server administrator has limited the number of items RRS feed

• Question

• I have some users getting this issue, but they aren't entirely sure of what they have been doing in outlook to get it.  Is there a value that can tell me the number of open items, in order to help me pinpoint the cause?
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• ctrl + left click outlook icon in task bar and choose 'connection status'
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:16 AM
  • This issue I am having is with regards to mail items, and/or appointment items, I can't see in the connection status where this is displayed.

i.e. if in outlook I opened 10 emails is there a value that holds this.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:40 AM
  • each single entry in that window that you see is an open connection to exchange. of course when counting, group by server name
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:16 AM
  • But if I open up emails, the items in the connection status doesn't increase accordingly.

So when I open it the first time I have 4 connections, close it open 10 emails, leaving them open on my screen, open the connection status again, and I still only have 4 connections.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:42 AM
  • outlook is free to reuse connection, look at Req/Fail column, its numbers should increase accordingly to your actions.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:52 AM
  • Looking into this futher this isn't a workable solution for my problem.  I am only interesed in Outlook items, the connection status doesn't account for that.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:00 PM
  • if you are looking for a tool that will somehow show you what items are currently accessed through connection, etc, so you can trace it back to your code, then i'm afraid i know no such tool.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:08 PM
  • I was looking for an object in code that I can do a .count on that would be storing a count of open objects, I'm assuming it exists else Outlook wouldn't know I had to many items open.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:59 PM
  • there is no such object and error is not from outlook but rather from exchange side.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:44 PM