none
Visual Studio 2017 driver project and signing with EV Code Signing Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have valid EV code signing certificate and hardware token with private key. I see certificate in mmc.exe with Certificates snap-in. I successfully tried to sign any binary file with signtool.exe when hardware token is plugged. 

I'd like to use Visual Studio -> Project Properties -> Driver Signing -> Production Certificate to sign driver. That option can read private key from *.pfx file or you can select certificate from store. When I choose Store then nothing is in certificate list even Certificates snap-in shows my EV code signing certificate and others. Documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/develop/signing-a-driver-for-public-release  says that first it is needed to create *.pfx file. I cannot create *.pfx file because private key is not exportable. 

Is possible to use Visual Studio -> Project Properties -> Driver Signing -> Production Certificate with EV Code Signing Certificate ?

Friday, September 13, 2019 6:58 AM