Not able to see the design of views of applications build in VS 2010 in Exp blend 3. Only RRS feed

• Question

• I have several applications build in VS 2010. When i try to open those projects in Exp Blend 3. I am not able to view the design of the VIEWS. by default only XAML of them is displayed. Even option to see the VIews in design or Xaml or in split is disabled. All the toolbox is disabled.
    Friday, July 16, 2010 9:20 PM

All replies

• Please take a look at this thread: http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/33030347-c99a-4f41-8be7-089c92e4ab2d

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 16, 2010 10:17 PM
  • But Unni, If I am making a Class Library in WPF then that project's vbproj file wont be having "ProjecttypeGUids"  by default. SO that means every time I make a class library. I need to add "ProjectTypeGUIds" manually in vbproj.?
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 3:16 PM
  • I'm a bit confused by your question, projects from VS2010 can't be opened in Blend 3, the project file formats are incompatible.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Chuck, are you aking or telling that VS 2010 projects cant be opened in Blend 3. If you are asking then, please see Unni's response to my question. You will find that you not only can open VS 2010 projects but work in them too. I am working in it.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:41 PM
  • To clarify, VS 2010 files can be opened in Blend 3 as long as they target .Net 3.5 or Silverlight 43. If you wanted to target .Net 4 or Silverlight 4, you must use Blend 4.

Regarding the question about new projects, a) We have fixed this limitation in Blend 4, b) If you were to create a UserControl library project instead of a Class Library, you may not run into this limitation (but I have not verified this).

Thanks,
    Unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 10:32 PM