none
waveInAddBuffer failing with error code 21 i.e MMSYSERR_MOREDATA Does any body have an idea what does this error mean RRS feed

• Question

• waveInAddBuffer failing with error code 21 i.e MMSYSERR_MOREDATA Does any body have an idea what does this error mean > I am using the wave API

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• The error typically means that data you are sending does not have the necessary information the device needs.

That said, the Windows multimedia API's (1991) are considered legacy and for raw audio capturing, you should be using WASAPI. Additionally you can use the DMO, DirectShow or MediaFoundation. Since Vista, WASAPI is the core audio engine for Windows and all other audio technologies sit on top.

About the Windows Core Audio APIs
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd370784(v=vs.85).aspx

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:19 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Can you provide more details on this if possible, Because this error is coming on intermittent basis in my application. The application  is a real time application which captures and send the voice and also it receives and playback the voice. I have a USB headset as my device

when this error comes obviously my recording stops. This is occuring on winXP

Friday, February 17, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Is there a way by which i can find what data might be missing what the device needs
    Friday, February 17, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Windows XP is not a supported platform for Kinect.
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:19 AM