none
I cant detect certain driver for WE8S

Question

• Hi, I'm using WE8S for my test machine and It seems that this driver(USB\VID_0483&PID_5740&REV_0200) does not installed in WE8S.

Monday, April 1, 2019 8:41 AM

All replies

• That is a Virtual COM port driver. There might be a missing device driver component. Did you build the WE8S image? Or did you install from IBW?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, April 1, 2019 4:36 PM
  • That is a Virtual COM port driver. There might be a missing device driver component. Did you build the WE8S image? Or did you install from IBW?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Hi Sir Sean, I build WE8S image with the base on Template Device Retail and added some USB driver to make usb3.0 works on my machine. What category of the driver should I include in the Configuration File to make the Virtual COM port works?
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:05 AM
  • You should run the TAP.exe utility on your target system and then import the resulting PMQ file. This will pull in any in-box drivers. The help system in WES8's ICE has information on TAP.exe.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:13 PM
  • You should run the TAP.exe utility on your target system and then import the resulting PMQ file. This will pull in any in-box drivers. The help system in WES8's ICE has information on TAP.exe.

Hi Sir Sean. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did and it still doesn't work.
    I used TAP.exe, then import PMQ file, then I added all driver under HIDCLASS, USB, USB DEVICE. And in the Help System of the WE8S ICE, I tried to search the USB\VID_0483&PID_5740&REV_0200 and I can't find it.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 2:30 AM