Persistent Serialization Classes RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently updating an existing .Net C# application, visual studio 2008 v9, 3.5...

After a call to a web service there are no results. Return object remains null...  I have confirmed that the request and response are present in the web service environment...

***Therefore I am looking for the tag and property for the web.cfg file that causes real-time serialization classes to be persistent after a web service call..***

Much Thanks in advance!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you be more clear on this ?

If you are using normal asmx webservice there is no explicit control of serialization. It is implicit to the framework. But you can add HTTP Modules where you can process the request and response.

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful". Sudhakar
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Hello Sudhakar,  First of all thanks for responding.... 

I'm in a liitle over my head so i will try to explain as much as i can..  I actually found what I was looking for...  The tags and properties to add to the web config file are:

<configuration>
        <system.diagnostics>
            <switches>
                <add name="XmlSerialization.Compilation" value="4" />
            </switches>
        </system.diagnostics>
    </configuration>

I located my anwer at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302290.aspx

under "Debugging Serialization Code"

Once this was added i was able to debug / step through those temporary serialization classes...  from there i indentified an issue with the value present in Reader.NamespaceURI ...  Still working on why the value is incorrect but at least i am now able to get a response from the web service call....

Thanks Again!!

Bob

Monday, November 28, 2011 10:34 PM