none
USB Communication RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a serial port hub in which I am writing a custom WDF driver.  I need to manage a USB read queue on my own, separate from the application.  How do I go about generating read requests without an application requesting it?  I will then need the application read to pull from my USB queue.
    Friday, August 31, 2018 2:00 PM

Answers

• Allocate a request. Format it for read on the pipe. Set a completion routine. Send it. Repeat. There is also a continuous reader on the pipe that you can configure which will do this for you and is rather simple to use.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 31, 2018 3:02 PM

All replies

• Allocate a request. Format it for read on the pipe. Set a completion routine. Send it. Repeat. There is also a continuous reader on the pipe that you can configure which will do this for you and is rather simple to use.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 31, 2018 3:02 PM
  • Got it, thank you!
    Friday, August 31, 2018 4:23 PM
  • Next question is after storing bytes in a ring buffer, how do I notify the serial port queue (which the application has requested) that a byte is available?
    Friday, August 31, 2018 5:07 PM