Sqlite WinRT for Windows Store Apps on Windows 8 platform.

Question

• Questions : Need to use SQLite-WinRT (SQLite-WinRT is for those developers who prefer to work with SQL statements rather than the object-oriented layer that LINQ gives you) in Windows 8 Store Application.

Machine : Windows 8, 64 bit O.S.

SDK : Windows 8 SDK

Visual Studio : Ultimate 2012

I tried following ways to install SQLite-WinRT in my Windows store apps,

1. Installed various NuGet Packages,

Syste.Data.SQLite(x86/x64)

SQLite-net

System.Data.SQLite Core(x86/x64)

SQLite

SQLite Wrapper for for Windows 8.1 and WIndows Phone 8

but non of then work.

2. Installing sqlite-winrt-3080403.vsix file.

3. Adding SQLiteWinRTPhone.winmd file which is got from Windows Phone 8 project, where SQLite for WinRT is working fine.

but adding this file in Windows Store apps(Windows 8) I am getting the exception at the time of Database object  creation, below is the code

using SQLiteWinRTPhone

private async void createDatabase()
            {            
                SQLiteWinRTPhone.Database db = new SQLiteWinRTPhone.Database(Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder, "testDB.db");
               await  db.OpenAsync();

}

In above code when code execution reaches creation of db object it fails giving following error.

TypeloadException was unhandled by user code. Requested Windows Runtime type 'SQLiteWinRTPhone.Database' is not registered.

I got the creation of SQLiteWinRT using Linq but I don't want that.  Can you please give me the proper way of using SQLite WinRT in WIndows 8 Store applications? Is this possible or not?

Thanks,

PCS

Friday, May 02, 2014 10:09 AM

Answers

All replies