SPD workflow and Send Email Permission issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I've created an approval workflow using SharePoint Designer 2007. The workflow is attached to a Forms library where InfoPath 2007 forms will be stored. This workflow is getting triggered when an InfoPath form is submitted to form library.  There is also a secondary workflow on Task list to manage reminders email for the approval process.

The workflow works fine if the creator (InfoPath form submitter) is site owner. But if we remove the creator from Site owner group, the secondary workflow does not start.  The workflow status says “Stopped”

We have a "Send an Email" workflow Action in secondary workflow and it seems like this causing some permission issue. If we remove "Send an Email" action from secondary workflow, then workflow works fine.

Does "Send an Email" action requires higher level permission? If so how can elevate the permission for current user in SPD workflow. We do not want all our users to be site owners just  to submit the InfoPath form.

Thanks in advance,

San

• Edited by Sanban Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:52 PM formatting
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The SPD workflows run with the credentials of the user that triggered the workflow to start.  With that been said, I would look at the permissions on the two lists you are working with and make sure that your users have adequate permissions on each.  Permissions will not be a factor for the individual workflow Action "Send an Email", but lack of adequate permissions to a list where a workflow is associated will.

Chris Caravajal MCTS SharePoint Help
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:53 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding..

Even if I give full permission to the both the list for the InfoPath form submitter then also I face the same issue. Unless I add the user to the site owner group, the secondary workflow does not start.

The primary workflow(the one associated with form library) runs with the credentials of the user that triggered the workflow, but I think the secondary workflow on task list runs in the context of System account.

My problem is "Send an Email" action works fine in primary workflow but it fails in secondary workflow unless I make form submitter as site owner.

Please let me know if I'm missing any permission settings here.

Regards,

San

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:38 AM
  • This problem has been resolved. The issue was related group permission setup. The solution is already explained here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointworkflow/thread/00fca6c7-19ae-460d-95d9-cf2d2f5ad723

Thanks,

San

• Marked as answer by Sanban Friday, July 30, 2010 8:53 PM
    Friday, July 30, 2010 8:53 PM