Outlook 2016 Ribbon Add-In - is this a GPO policy problem for the installation ??? RRS feed

• Question

• I developed a Outlook 2016 Ribbon add-in for reporting Phish Mail in Azure using Visual Studio 2017 and the Outlook 2016. I got a corporate authenticode certificate from Symantec and used Signtool and installed the .msi file and everything works great in Azure. When I ran the installation under a different Windows 10 desktop on a corporate domain the installer seems to work OK (the add-in appears in the Windows 10 Settings Application list signed by the cert.)

Even though the add-in is installed at the operating system level, it doesn't appear as if it is known or is loaded by the local Outlook client (which is connected to Exchange running on O365). When I look at the Outlook add-ins the Phish Mail add-in isn't even listed.

Could this be caused by a GPO Policy setting or can anyone help give me some pointers on how to figure what is going on even  if the install appears to be working ?  The doc on the install project for the solution file appears skimpy or hard to find so I am trying to under the .msi packaging process and how I should think about debugging this.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert Wilmes,

you mentioned that you checked and addin was not in the list.

did you check at the "COM Addins"?

if it is not in the list then try to check the "Disabled items".

if your addin is in the list of Disabled addin then try to enable it.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:49 AM