How to host and execute a web application in a server so that it can be accessed everywhere instead of buying a domain in godaddy or anything else. RRS feed

• Question

• User1774109450 posted

I have a website for my profile and i would like to host in server so that i could execute everywhere through the url. Can for hosting is there any alternative for publishing the projects?

Monday, September 23, 2019 4:44 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

It needs to be published on a server that can be reached from the internet. AFAIK most if not all hosting services shouldn't require buying a domain name (you can usually use <nameyouchose>.<hostingservicename>.com 

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:01 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Sasi Kumar,

I have a website for my profile and i would like to host in server so that i could execute everywhere through the url. Can for hosting is there any alternative for publishing the projects?

If you do not want to buy and map custom domain, you can try:

Approach 1: deploy application and configure your website on your IIS server, then access it via server public ip +port

Approach 2: as PatriceSc mentioned, some hosting services do not require buying and mapping a custom domain, such as [Azure App Service](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/), if possible, you can host your application on Azure and access it with https://{application_name}.azurewebsites.net

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:59 AM
  • User1774109450 posted

Hi,

We have many cloud providers like GCP, MS Azure,AWS..Among them,AFAIK GCP stands right..How can we use it for hosting the project and to be accessed specified url.Can u please elaborate it step by step:)?

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:23 AM
  • User2053451246 posted

elaborate it step by step
    Probably not going to happen.

Google how to make the IP address of your computer available over the internet.  When a browser goes to your IP address, IIS running on your computer will serve the pages.

This involves changing modem/router settings, and in most cases is not permitted unless you have a business-class internet service provider.  You will not get step by step instructions in a forum post.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:30 AM
  • User379720387 posted

open up free account on Azure

install WebDeploy

create web app / publish profile

download publish profile from Azure

From VS hit publish and load the publish profile

Go

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 6:02 PM