Trouble reinstalling Expression web 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I uninstalled expression web 2 about a week ago and loaded my old frontpage web software which did not work like i thought it would on my new computer a sony VPCF126FM with windows 7.

I unstalled frontpage and tried to reinstall expression web 2 but i get a error message (An issue occured while installong microsoft expression web 2 components. Unknown product: 90120000-0045-0000-0000-0000000FF1CEParameter Name: productCode please resolve the issue then start setup again) the setup log was sent in first message

frontpage does not show up in Control panel on cmputer

microsoft expression web 2 shows up in control panel on computer but if I try to unistall it again: this message is displayedSetup cannot find setup controller file. either there was a network error, an error reading from CD, DVD or other installation media or a problen with the package ypu downloaded

Thanks

Bill

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:41 PM

All replies

• Download and run the Microsoft installer troubleshooter:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Expression Web MVP
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:34 PM
  • A few points:

There was no reason to uninstall EW2 in order to install FP.  FP, as well as all versions of EW, are installed side-by-side each other.

Don't post twice about the same problem.  Add any additional information to the thread you already started, rather than start an additional thread.

Do read the "Forum FAQ .. Start Here" post before posting.  Among other things, it spells out that this is not an MS technical support forum, and we are not MS, but other EW users.  It also has some pointers on installation issues, and instructions on getting MS technical support (with a risk that it may not be free, depending on what the issue turns out to be).

You may get general advice (such as Steve's pointer to the installer troubleshooter tool, or "roll back to an earlier System Restore point"), but we can't debug your specific computer's issue.

• Edited by KathyW2 Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:20 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:20 PM