none
What is the best method of storing a large amount of photos in a sharepoint site? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new 2013 SP site we are craeting and I would like recommendations on the best method of storing 90K + images!   The images will need to be accessed weekly and will continue to grow. I will be tagging them and using managed metadata on the site. I assume they should have thier own database and be tagged, but I am looking for additional info that will help render this information!  Thanks for your assistance!
    Monday, April 15, 2013 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Jammin,

I would like to go by your thought "I assume they should have thier own database and be tagged"

Manish Patil http://patilmanishrao.wordpress.com Posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Manish Patil's Blog

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:26 AM
  • Hi Jammin,

Below features of SharePoint can facilitate your needs:

• Image rendition is huge benefit to content authors. With SharePoint 2013, image renditions facilitates the uploading of full size images and then the creation of versions of the same image cropped into defined sizes which can be used for thumbnails or other purposes. This is the same idea as Facebook’s profile picture where you can crop an existing photograph of yourself to include as your profile picture thumbnail
    • Result Types is a new feature that allows the application of a template to a given result. This can enable different representation of returned information dependent on a customised set of result type rules – this really provides a detailed level of control over results improving the search experience.  A simple example of this is the use of different templates for results that are text or image based

Thanks, AT

Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:10 PM