none
Outlook Ribbon development - dialog, form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am building a customised outlook ribbon for my work in 2012 in Visual Studio 2012 using VB language, which alters existing Calendar appointments. As I'm building this ribbon for lawyers, the main use of it is deleting all appointments associated with settled files. 

I went as far as prompting user to enter their file number in a little dialogue, and with this input I search for all associated Appointments. Now, with the found Appointments, I want to dynamically list them in a larger dialogue box in the following form:

subject Recipients  Start       End         Delete?
    Trial   Will Kim    17/03/2014  17/03/2014  Tick
    And When I click ok, the ribbon should delete all marked Appointment instantly.

Should I use dialogue or windows form or control for the above listing box?

I've done the lables in a dialog and I am having trouble trying to passing the global variables from ribbon class to the dialogue. Is this possible? 

I need a bit of guidance as I have been dealing with VBA until now. VB.net appears to be similar but yet quite different.

Thanks

Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hello William,

It looks like your question is not related to VSTO or Outlook programming. Instead, this is a common questions for VB.NET developers. That's why I'd suggest asking such questions in the Visual Basic forum.

Anyway, you can define method and properties in your form class and use them for passing and retrieving the required data. Note, Outlook allows add-ins to add their own pieces to the UI - Outlook Form Regions . So, you can use standalone forms for reporting or customize the built-in Outlook UI. To be complete, I should mention that Windows API allows to customize the internal structure of Outlook windows. See the Creating Adjacent Windows In Outlook sample project available in C++ for details.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 12:42 PM