Contact Application form and user login entry - (Silverlight 4 + Blend 4 ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

On the website i am building, I have a form for people to contact me and a user login window.

For the Contact form, I want that visitors can contact me by entering basic information and a message. When the visitor will click on submit, those information will be stored into a Database (DB1) and a mail will be sent to my mail address with the information and the message.

For the User Login, I want the visitors to whom a restricted access is granted by me, can login into the restricted area. The web app will have to check into the user-profile DB if the logging details are correct, then display the restricted page. A log off button will have to be installed.

I am looking for some tutorial or help on this project. I was thinking of using MS Access for the DB but i am not sure if this is the most suitable way of doing it.

Thanks in advance,

Matthieu

Burn Baby Burn!
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• I would recommend to use MySQL for db.   

If your server meets the following script requirements

• Unix/Linux/Windows Server OS
    • Apache/IIS Server
    • PHP 4.1.x - 5.x
    • MySQL 4.1.xx or later
    • Zend Optimizer v3.0.0 or higher
    You can use PHP Forms creator. It is an ultimate web form builder that allows to create professionally looking email forms within just a few minutes.
    • Marked as answer by MadMatt1 Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:52 AM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 7:28 AM
  • This will require some sort of server side component/page. Silverlight can't send mail directly, nor can it access a database directly. This is by design. You can create a asp.net script (or other language works fine as well), or use WCF web services to interact with the server component.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 3:28 PM

All replies

• I would recommend to use MySQL for db.   

If your server meets the following script requirements

• Unix/Linux/Windows Server OS
    • Apache/IIS Server
    • PHP 4.1.x - 5.x
    • MySQL 4.1.xx or later
    • Zend Optimizer v3.0.0 or higher
    You can use PHP Forms creator. It is an ultimate web form builder that allows to create professionally looking email forms within just a few minutes.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 7:28 AM
  • This will require some sort of server side component/page. Silverlight can't send mail directly, nor can it access a database directly. This is by design. You can create a asp.net script (or other language works fine as well), or use WCF web services to interact with the server component.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 3:28 PM