sharepoint 2010 workflow not working for all evets of calendar recurring events RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2010 workflow not working for all events of calendar recurring events.

In my case i am trying to send email using SharePoint designer list workflow, and pause until start date time of every individual event of series of recurring event in calendar list

Below are the workflow actions used in my workflow. But it cannot be work for every individual event.

This workflow takes same start time of first starting event of every recurrence of event for Pause until date action and send email for every events when pause action completed.

My requirement is workflow takes different start time of every recurrence of events for pause until date action and send email for every events when pause action completed.

Please give me right suggestions for above case.

Thanks and Regard,

Hiren Changela

Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Hiren,

We can unable to achieve it with OOB workflow and it might require some programmatically effort, like to create a custom timer job. Please see Xue-Mei Chang’s reply on the following thread. (Base on my test, also, it will not work even with a calculated column, so please just refer to Xue-Mei’s post.)
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/sharepointcustomizationlegacy/thread/3f09a44d-4f5e-484d-a77d-ccae02cf2cd2

A workaround is asking all users to Connect the calendar list to their own Outlook.

Let me know if there is any question.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:03 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 9:19 AM

All replies

• SharePoint 2010 workflow not working for all events of calendar recurring events.

In my case i am trying to send email using SharePoint designer list workflow, and pause until start date time of every individual event of series of recurring event in calendar list

Below are the workflow actions used in my workflow. But it cannot be work for every individual event.

This workflow takes same start time of first starting event of every recurrence of event for Pause until date action and send email for every events when pause action completed.

My requirement is workflow takes different start time of every recurrence of events for pause until date action and send email for every events when pause action completed.

Please give me right suggestions for above case.

Thanks and Regard,

Hiren Changela

• Edited by Hiren.Changela Friday, December 7, 2012 5:58 AM
    • Merged by Emir Liu Monday, December 10, 2012 7:04 AM duplicate thread
    Friday, December 7, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Hi Hiren,

We can unable to achieve it with OOB workflow and it might require some programmatically effort, like to create a custom timer job. Please see Xue-Mei Chang’s reply on the following thread. (Base on my test, also, it will not work even with a calculated column, so please just refer to Xue-Mei’s post.)
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/sharepointcustomizationlegacy/thread/3f09a44d-4f5e-484d-a77d-ccae02cf2cd2

A workaround is asking all users to Connect the calendar list to their own Outlook.

Let me know if there is any question.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:03 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 9:19 AM