site.mobile master & Bootstrap RRS feed

• Question

• User1753528066 posted

I am building my first mobile application and I am confused on the interaction between the mobile master and Bootstrap.  In testing, my Samsung S7 accesses the site.mobile.master (as it should) but my Samsung Tab 8 tablet does not access the site.mobile.master but still falls in the bootstrap small category. 

What screen size is the cut off between the site.mobile.master and the site.master?  Is it possible to change the cut off?  How do i do that?

Thanks in advance

John

Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:41 PM

Answers

• User409696431 posted

I don't believe it uses a simple view port size decision.  It tries to determine the device.

If it's not working for specific devices, I don't know how you would update it to do that. (Has the library been updated since 2013?)

The current way to do mobile/tablet support is to create a responsive design and make any changes for specific view port sizes yourself, using media queries and CSS.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:19 AM

All replies

• User-1038772411 posted

Hello, john1506

if you want to develope mobile friendly websites the primary concept is that you need to set perfect resoultion using Media screen css.

In your case not clear what you actually missed, but yes you can see about your media queary calling and resolution for mobile and tablet.

for media css : 

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_mediaqueries_ex.asp

besic responsive concept.

https://www.developer.com/ws/other/learn-to-create-mobile-applications-with-bootstrap-and-html-5.html

Thanks.

Monday, August 19, 2019 7:40 AM
  • User1753528066 posted

Thanks for the information, that will help.

My question is what is the max screen size that uses the site.mobile.masterpage and how can that size be changed?

If i understand things, the hand off of a request from the mobile master to site master is not related to bootstrap.

John

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:12 PM
  • User409696431 posted

I don't believe it uses a simple view port size decision.  It tries to determine the device.

If it's not working for specific devices, I don't know how you would update it to do that. (Has the library been updated since 2013?)

The current way to do mobile/tablet support is to create a responsive design and make any changes for specific view port sizes yourself, using media queries and CSS.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:19 AM