none
Office Addin - Requirements tag in manifest file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem when submitting my Addin for Office

My plugin must work on Word and Excel 2016 (MS Desktop 2016, Online, Mac). When I submitted, they told me that all must be included in one project and that I can't submit two different projects.
    This is about the 4.12.1 chapter about extension exigence page, when I wanted to put the "requirements" tags in the manifest file.

I put these lines, but the plugin didn't work on Word and Excel. Only "WordApi" or "ExcelApi" is allowed but not the both.

<Requirements>
        <Sets DefaultMinVersion="1.1">
          <Set Name="WordApi" MinVersion="1.2"/>
          <Set Name="ExcelApi" MinVersion="1.1"/>
        </Sets>
     </Requirements>

So, how must I write these tags with an extension which must work on Word and Excel?

Thanks,
    Monday, October 10, 2016 3:27 PM

All replies

• >>>So, how must I write these tags with an extension which must work on Word and Excel?

According to your description, the Requirements element specifies the minimum requirement sets or API members that must be supported by the Office host to run your add-in. The Requirements element can specify both requirement sets and individual methods used in your add-in. 

If you want to make your add-in run in Word and Excel host application, you could modify your manifest file like below:
    <!--Begin TaskPane Mode integration. This section is used if there are no VersionOverrides or if the Office client version does not support add-in commands. -->
      <Hosts>
        <Host Name="Workbook" />
        <Host Name="Document"/>
      </Hosts>
      <DefaultSettings>
        <SourceLocation DefaultValue="~remoteAppUrl/Home.html" />
      </DefaultSettings>
     <!-- End TaskPane Mode integration.  -->

For more information, please refer to Specify Office hosts and API requirements

Thanks for your understanding.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:36 AM
  • Thanks for your quick answser.

Yes, I have put Workbook and Document tag. My plugins doesn't work on Word 2013 and Excel 2013.
    In the validation test result of the Microsoft test team, they says :
    "If you do not support 2013 SP1 because you are using an API only available in 2016/Online, you must put these apis in the requirements tag in your manifest. If you are not using an API only available in 2016/Online, then you must support 2013 SP1. "
    So, I must complete the Requirements tags. But I can't put 

<Requirements>
        <Sets DefaultMinVersion="1.1">
          <Set Name="WordApi" MinVersion="1.2"/> // -> Only for Word 2016
          <Set Name="ExcelApi" MinVersion="1.1"/> // -> Only for Excel 2016
        </Sets>
     </Requirements>
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:31 AM
  • >>>Yes, I have put Workbook and Document tag. My plugins doesn't work on Word 2013 and Excel 2013.

According to your description, Host-specific - APIs that were introduced with Office 2016. This object model provides host-specific strongly-typed objects that correspond to familiar objects that you see when you use Office clients, and represents the future of Office JavaScript APIs. The host-specific APIs currently include the Word JavaScript API and the Excel JavaScript API. This object model uses promises.

For more information, click here to refer about JavaScript API for Office reference

Thanks for your understanding.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:26 AM