none
Where are the lockdown features? RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot find the embedded toolbox features like the unified configuration tool can these only be done through System Center or can they be done locally
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:58 PM

All replies

• You have to go into Programs and Features->Turn Windows Features on or off to enabled or disable the different lock down features.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Proposed as answer by bagira520 Friday, September 13, 2013 2:18 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:48 PM
  • A couple of questions about lockdown/branding features:

• After taking a look at lockdown MMC snapin, it seems that many features I read about WE 8.1 Industry are still missing (branding, login/user configuration, ecc.). Are such features available only through any other tools?
    • Are lockdown tools available only on WE 8.1 Industry machines, i.e. is it possible to remotely configure a target machine by connecting to it by a, say, Windows 8/8.1 PC?

Thanks!

Lorenzo Maiorfi

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:23 AM
  • If you use System Image Manager, you can pre-configure the lockdown features like branding, login, etc. Embedded Lockdown Manager (ELM) doesn't provide the ability to change the branding features. ELM can be used to remotely control WEI and WES systems with the Lockdown features. ELM can be installed on Windows 8/8.1 PCs - there is a separate installer for it.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:17 AM