BizTalk Integration with IBM MQ Series RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Can someone please suggest me what is best solution to read EDI messages from IBM Queue in a case BizTalk Server is down?

I have below scenario  

We have integrated BizTalk  server with IBM MQ with the MQSC adapter  where we are receiving some EDI message from one of the source system ,doing some processing in BizTalk  mapping and sending response back to the source system with given SLA.

if any failure is happening then we are sending different type of response in same time and maintaining the SLA 30 sec also here.

Now In a case, when BizTalk server is down then thousand of messages are sitting in the queue but we are not able to r respond back to the system.

Now my Customer is looking for a solution ,if Biz Talk is completely down then with same time  all messages should be read by the queue and, failure response should sent  to the source

SLA should not be violated at all ,meanwhile for 1000 messages,1000 failure response with some other fields should be sent to source system

One straight solution that immediate i can think ,may be can we maintain some back up BizTalk server where these messages can be routed ,but here cost of implementation will be increase to create one more back up server in production 

Second solution, may be we can write some .Net Component which can read every messages from Queues create custom  response and then send back to source in given SLA when ever BizTalk is down but here need to write lot of custom code ,we are doing brainstorming for it ,I will be highly appreciate if you give best suggestion for it

Thx

Yasi

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:25 AM

Answers

• The simplest solution would be that you build HA around your BizTalk implementation !! Surely the penalty incurred for not meeting the SLA is sufficient ground for an investment in this direction.

Going by your descriptions it appears that you have a single SERVER deployment for your BizTalk and SQL. The simplest would be to get another BOX and cluster your deployment sharing both SQL and BizTalk Frontends.

Then apart from SQL you can also cluster the Host Instance pertaining to the MQ Receive Location to ensure that the time when BizTalk is DOWN is reduced (if not eliminated) considerably.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 13, 2015 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 5:19 AM

All replies

• The simplest solution would be that you build HA around your BizTalk implementation !! Surely the penalty incurred for not meeting the SLA is sufficient ground for an investment in this direction.

Going by your descriptions it appears that you have a single SERVER deployment for your BizTalk and SQL. The simplest would be to get another BOX and cluster your deployment sharing both SQL and BizTalk Frontends.

Then apart from SQL you can also cluster the Host Instance pertaining to the MQ Receive Location to ensure that the time when BizTalk is DOWN is reduced (if not eliminated) considerably.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 13, 2015 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 5:19 AM
  • Thank you very much Shankycheil for quick response !!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:51 PM