Installation problem with .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Vb express 2008 from Microsoft site. I am using  WindowsXP .
    The download was completed and when the setup starts the progressbar of .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 stops in half way and it is just stuck up with no further movement ahead even after 30 or 40 minutes time. I tried it several times but it just stucks up in half way.
    Please advise how can i sort out this problem. Because there are 5 or 6 components of vb express 2008 download and it installs only first component and when it reaches the second component of .Net Framework SP1 the progressbar just helds up in the half way.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:01 PM

Answers

• For some reason (and I won't even try to speculate as to a possible reason), installing .NET 3.5 SP1 takes a long time.  Try installing it again and be patient for an hour or 2.  Go do something else while the install is running.  If it is still stuck when you check it later, try downloading the stand-alone install package of .NET 3.5 SP1 (~ 230MB) and try installing from that.

Doug

SEARCH ... then ask
    • Marked as answer by sazd1 Monday, September 14, 2009 11:10 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:17 PM
  • sazd1

if all of these suggestions don't work, there is also a Forum specifically for Installation issues:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressinstall/threads

• Marked as answer by sazd1 Monday, September 14, 2009 11:09 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• Before Instalation YOu must be CLose all Running Application and Programm.

If Not Instal it Manualy From DVD
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:18 PM
  • For some reason (and I won't even try to speculate as to a possible reason), installing .NET 3.5 SP1 takes a long time.  Try installing it again and be patient for an hour or 2.  Go do something else while the install is running.  If it is still stuck when you check it later, try downloading the stand-alone install package of .NET 3.5 SP1 (~ 230MB) and try installing from that.

Doug

SEARCH ... then ask
    • Marked as answer by sazd1 Monday, September 14, 2009 11:10 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:17 PM
  • sazd1

if all of these suggestions don't work, there is also a Forum specifically for Installation issues:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressinstall/threads

• Marked as answer by sazd1 Monday, September 14, 2009 11:09 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:50 PM