none
Retry order RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue where we are re-sending an EDI order to a partner.  Apparently, if i look in the Event Viewer, I see where the initial order failed to receive a valid MDN.  The partner actually did receive this order.  5 minutes later, the send port resends and re-envelopes the order under a different interchange number.  Is there a way to prevent it from sending a new interchange number?  This is happening randomly with a partner of ours and it is entirely isolated in how the send port is handling the document after it has left my orchestration.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "sp_USA Outbound" with URL "http://edi.PARTNER.com:4080/exchange/ZZPARTNER". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details: "The HTTP Send adapter cannot complete the transmission within the specified time".

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:50 PM

Answers

• The first thing I would look into is why you're not receiving the MDN.  Their end may still be 'accepting' the order even if their AS2 layer is botching the MDN.  That would explain why they 'receive this order' but you (BizTalk) thinks they didn't.

No, there's no setting to retain the Interchange number, assuming you mean the EDI interchange number, because the EDI Assembler has no idea that it already processed the interchange.

There are options, but they're all relatively complicated for a intermittend and isolated problem that probably should be solved elsewhere.

You've tried extending the timout?

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, October 28, 2013 11:28 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 8:14 PM