none
Development API for an Exchange sync Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I would like to develop a little plugin, that is able to sync calendar and contact data for all users in two directions. I'm not quiet sure, what API to use to do so.

What I don't want is to provide credentials for every user, I suppose I'm looking for the functionality provided by the local PowerShell but with a C#, C++ or C interface.

Thank you for your advices

Friday, January 16, 2015 12:12 PM

All replies

• Exchange Web Services should work for you. It provide synchronization capability: http://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/dn440952(v=exchg.150).aspx
    Friday, January 16, 2015 5:24 PM
  • I already had a look on EWS and it seems that most scenarios I have in mind are possible. I think Impersonation is the keyword I was looking for, since I assumed one would need to use a local C# API to bypass user management. Anyhow, for Impersonation I need some user id, and I found I can use smtp, SID and some other thingy I forgot the name of. My assumption now was, that I can connect to the Server using the impersonation enabled user and do somethink like GetGlobalUserList() or GetImpersonableUsers(). Unfortunatly the only thing I found is PowerShell based, but how would I do that on a 365 Account?
    Saturday, January 17, 2015 11:57 AM