How do I make a 3D blob of paint? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make a blob of paint to add to the pallet that I have already made, but I can't figure out how to make the blob look like a 3D paint blob.  Instead it looks like a simple circle.  Can someone help me to make it look like it came from a tube of paint?
    I'm a nubie
    Friday, August 15, 2008 7:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• have you tried working with the effects bevel or emboss you can try out the different posibilities
    I hope this can help you
    • Proposed as answer by germaine1 Sunday, August 17, 2008 9:10 AM
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 9:10 AM
  •  http://cid-1ea90f0a909b94e1.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/design%20tests/making%20a%20blob%20tests/proof%20different%20colors.jpg

here some examples if it can help you the text of the files is  maybe somewhat different of what I really did and some of the basics I made I converted to a bitmap to be able to safe as a colored stroke
    feel free play and change them
    I hope this can help you it are just simple tests
    maybe someone else has better ideas
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:27 PM
  • You might also try a blend "to make it look like it came from a tube of paint.'  Try 'airbrush' highlights on a base color shape for the daub of paint.

Skydrive image
     Design file is here:
    http://cid-b6d1dabbf49f6e3c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Expression%20Stuff/paint%20blob.design

Have fun!
    Regards
    ~Fred
    • Proposed as answer by Fred C_ Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by TheQuietShadow Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:18 PM
  • Neat technique Fred!

It seems to work well with good ol' S01 too

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1WyCnBYILnWWgMx1YobBv3VCTyZ0dk
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:39 PM
  • Fred, Deebs
    greetings
    nice work you both made and your tutorials are always very good
    I think soon Annie will also show up here
    I will have less time for working in design from next week on that s why I don t buy the studio 2 just hoping our school will start working with it

Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:58 PM

• Thanks Deebs.

Sure does work well on ol' SO1--your pic has a Medussa like appearance.  Good job! 

FWIW--Your link (above) appeared in the message, but it wasn't 'hot'; I couldn't click the link, but had to copy 'n paste it.  It is 'hot' (clickable) now that I pasted it in this response;  not sure why??

Thanks Germaine.

Yes, Annie must still be on vacation/holiday.  When does school start for you?  What classes are you planning to take?  I used Design 2 trial until it expired; not much new or 'fixed' stuff to justify purchase now.   Good luck with school!

Best regards to both,

~Fred
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:17 PM
  • Fred
    I think Annie is busy moving to new server and waiting for a connection

I take one week of going to practise my russian and afterwards the 1st of september I restart with dreamweaver , russian and programming but it seems I will have difficulties to do programming I never learned excell so maybe I first have to take lessons in excell before I start programming
    I also want to learn some more in 3d (true space and other programs)
    I also skip the studio 2 as long as this computer is working
    design in the studio 1 is good for me I like working with it but it took a long time after the acrylics we had I want to get some knowledge of blend but I just did some very basic tutorials I hope our school will start teaching it next year I am asking it for a while but for the moment they work more with the programs of adobe (adobe is available in our language and it can be followed by more students)
    greetings

Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:51 PM
  • 3D effect thingy at pixentral

I think my laziness increases exponentially :)
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:18 PM