none
trying to use the 2012 reportviewer and clients receive error from one click distribution RRS feed

• Question

• We have a windows form application that we are distributing using the one click publish method. We have added the 2012 reportviewer as a prerequisite and checked to include the SQL CLR Types, both x86 and x64 versions, and the report viewer. When our client attempts to install, the one click prompts for installing the prerequisits, the system attempt to download, the SQL CLR type x86 succeeds, but the x64 fails and then the viewer fails. How do we get this right? 
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:55 PM

Answers

• Tested today, and now the link in the package is working, so I guess it was just a temporary issue with the MS site.
    • Marked as answer by Sam Blair Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:34 PM

All replies

• With a little more research it appears the SQL CLR Types x64 bootstrapper Package XML is flawed, it refers to a download site of http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=221258 but this always returns a file not found error for me. Can I get an update for the package.xml with the right path?
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:40 PM
  • Tested today, and now the link in the package is working, so I guess it was just a temporary issue with the MS site.
    • Marked as answer by Sam Blair Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:34 PM