Creating and Calling a Web Service from JavaScript RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Geoff,

There is not.  WebServices are not tightly linked to the clients that are using them (by design) so it is not really required to have a language or technology specific webservice.  Are you using IIS?  Have you ever created a web service before in IIS?  There is some great help for this on ASP.Net available on MSDN.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:30 PM
  • Thanks

I was able to create my web service using C# and VS2010.

On the Metro side, in the end I created a C# project to call the WCF service, and added that project to my otherwise JavaScript based solution, as that approach was adequately documented.

Regards

Geoff Olding

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Geoff,

There is not.  WebServices are not tightly linked to the clients that are using them (by design) so it is not really required to have a language or technology specific webservice.  Are you using IIS?  Have you ever created a web service before in IIS?  There is some great help for this on ASP.Net available on MSDN.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:30 PM
  • Thanks

I was able to create my web service using C# and VS2010.

On the Metro side, in the end I created a C# project to call the WCF service, and added that project to my otherwise JavaScript based solution, as that approach was adequately documented.

Regards

Geoff Olding

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:28 AM