Managing additionally installed packages RRS feed

• Question

• User260076833 posted

Hello,

I just installed an additional package with NuGet for the first time. It's the "AjaxControlToolkit".

Normally, I am a little bit careful, when doing so. What I want to avoid is: Working on an ASP project for a while, installing extensions and that. And then, after a long time (when you don't remember anymore what you have done to your project), you have to open your project in another MSVS environment, and nothing works, because DLLs are not found and that.

So, my question is: What's the proper way to use extensions in your projects? How can you avoid problems like mentioned above?

Thanks
    Magnus

Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:09 PM

All replies

• User-1509636757 posted

I guess if you are using NuGet, then it will be fine since NuGet uses package.config (to know what packages are to use in this project) and re-install missing packages when you open and rebuild the solution in new environment. It is better approach then to download DLLs and then add references thru Add Reference » Browse.. option.

hope it helps./.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:11 PM
  • User-2057865890 posted

Hi Yeoman,

In Visual Studio, you could use NuGet Package Manager UI to install, uninstall, and update NuGet packages.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/tools/package-manager-ui

Best Regards,

Chris

Monday, January 23, 2017 4:58 AM