none
Using different assemblies from development to production

Question

• I'm using Studio 2013 with a website which was originally built on 2008.

I'm deploying to a new server running 2012.  It seems to have successfully converted from .net 2.0 to .net 4.0.

My issue is ReportViewer on the server is 10.0.0.0 while in my version of VS is 9.0.0.0

I have changed all of the references successfully but there is one page which will not function and notes that it is unable to load assembly 9.0.0.0.  Under references in the project my Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms shows as v2.0.50727  Version 9.0.0.0

I don't have SQL Server 2014 on my machine so I am unable to load reportviewer 10.0.

How can I designate this reference post publishing on the Server?

Yes, sorry for the relatively basic question.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Mike

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

>>I don't have SQL Server 2014 on my machine so I am unable to load reportviewer 10.0.

You could install Microsoft Report Viewer, run the following command in the Package Manager Console.

Please click Tools menu->NuGet Package Manager->Package Manager Console-> and type the following command:

Install-Package Microsoft.Report.Viewer -Version 10.0.0

Please refer to this screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

>>I don't have SQL Server 2014 on my machine so I am unable to load reportviewer 10.0.

You could install Microsoft Report Viewer, run the following command in the Package Manager Console.

Please click Tools menu->NuGet Package Manager->Package Manager Console-> and type the following command:

Install-Package Microsoft.Report.Viewer -Version 10.0.0

Please refer to this screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 8:01 AM
  • Thank you. 

That worked.

The only issue I had was that I had to manually copy the report.rdlc file to the website folder afterwards because the Studio kit seemed to refuse to push that file to the website.

Thanks again,

Mike

Monday, September 26, 2016 3:54 PM
  • Hi Rom225,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue. Would you please mark my reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue as yours.

The MSDN forum has itself policy, we cannot post several question in the same thread. So I would you suggest you re-post new thread about your issue that you encountered. And we will follow up it.

Since one thread for one issue, would you please open a new case for this new issue? In this way, our discussion here will not deviate too much from the original issue. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:11 AM