Asynchronous process for Data interaction RRS feed

• Question

• User842257015 posted

Hi All,

What is the best way to interact with sql/Entity Framework to get

I have 1,00,000 rows in my table, each row has to interact with SOAP based api to get latest updated content.

I used sequentially process to get the latest content from API, but it took a long time to complete the process, there is any way to process in short time?

Note: I tried ASYNC but doesn't make a huge difference.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• User303363814 posted

What is a 'long time'?  What is a 'short time'?  What speed is your network connection?  How long does it take the remote system to return one result?

Saturday, July 8, 2017 10:35 PM
  • User-707554951 posted

Hi Jayakumar Vinayagam,

Your question is general and broad.

You need to consider the following problem。

1. the size of row, if the contents of each line is not small, it first need to consider whether all the fields are useful, useless fields do not get to the

2. What is the expected value of the 100,000 rows of data you expect? The What is the actual update now?

3.  Environment, the current environment is how (stand-alone? Cloud? CPU? Memory? Server and the bandwidth between the database? Is the remote?

4. Does all other data need to be updated in real time? Is the background data update seasonal? and many more

Then ultimately to analyze the existence of a systematic bottleneck in which direction should be optimized

Best regards

Cathy

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:48 AM
  • User-1902643333 posted

I used sequentially process to get the latest content from API, but it took a long time to complete the process, there is any way to process in short time?

Why not try to write a Windows Service, where you can do what you want, even for a long time.

Monday, July 17, 2017 5:12 AM