How to map cube icon to image in the image field in sharepoint list? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement. I created Image field as column in list. And a cube icon via metadata will be selected for applying to  image.

How to achieve this ?

Thanks

Knowledge is power.
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Manoj,

Coud you provide more details about cube icon , imaged field and how did you want to map them in SharePoint 2007 ?

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 16, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

?I think your requirement is to show cube image under type for a special kind of file?

If yes you need to create a mapping in docicon.xml present in 12/Template/Xml folder.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:18 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

I have a list. And created an image type column, where I upload the images. Customer require to apply icon(cube) sorrounding the image and cube icon should come from meta data.

Thanks

Knowledge is power.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Hi Manoj,

I apologize for asking for clarification again but I want to be sure I understand: what you need is everytime you upload any image to your image (picture) column, you want your custom "cube" icon to actually surround the entire image you just uploaded??  Sort of like your image on top of the cube? Would you be able to post a mock up of exactly what you are trying to achieve?

Thanks Manoj,

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office Online Community Support

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office InfoPath Online Community Support
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:48 PM
  • I'm confused by this - "Microsoft Office Online Community Support".

Are you support for Office Online (in which case why are you here as there is a SharePoint Online forum for SharePoint Online users and this user hasn't said either that he is using SharePoint Online)?

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Hi Mike,

My apologies for the confusion. I did not mean to imply I am doing "Office Online" support but "Online Community Support" for Office. :)

I will amend my tag line.

Scott

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office InfoPath Online Community Support
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:35 PM