none
API to Blob Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Evening,

I want to setup an environment where data from the Square, Xero and Deputy to start can be pulled from each service in real time. The best way I’ve found has been to use each of the service’s APIs and the webhook feature as poll the data (for example; as a new payment is Made through Square (point of sale) and to take this and store the transaction information for example into an sql database.

I would like to pull all of the information relating to each transaction as it comes in in real time; from my understanding and the documentation we would have to use the Connect API (version one please). This will require a push and pull logic; in the sense that Square will POST information to the webhook notification URL; I need to take an aspect “entity_id” from the POST and then GET from the Square API the RetrieveTransaction function with that “entity_id” value. I want to then take the response from that request and put it into blob storage from there I will pipe out what I need to my sql database.

I’ve put decent amount of time into this from a very basic technical background and It seems there are a number of ways to do this. Using .net to create the web application to be the web hook, using azure automation to create a webhook, using azure functions, azure web jobs, etc. I’ve tried using Zapier/IFTT but that aren’t suitable for what I need/data I need. I’ve found Microsoft’s Logic Apps to be very very handy for being able to do it all; I just can’t seem to get the request+response generated Notification to work with Square.

I've put in a decent amount of time and I'm not really sure where to go from here in order to be able to create an environment to receive the POST, take the entity id from the body of response and then GET from the square API and then add that request's response to blob storage.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

Just to confirm we would like to understand how your query is related to Azure Stack.

Azure is Microsoft's public cloud offering and Azure Stack is Microsoft's hybrid cloud solution, which as of now is in Technical preview 2.

If you can confirm that this query is not related to azure stack, we would move it to the appropriate Forum for better support.

Regards,

Pradeep

Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:31 PM
  • Doesn't seem to be, sorry.
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

We are checking on the query and will get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Friday, January 6, 2017 1:07 PM
  • Hi Elliot - 

Derek here, PM for Logic Apps.

If I understand your scenario correctly, you'd like to have a Logic App in which can receive POST from an external source, then extract information from the body of the request, and then use it to GET from some other source. With the payload in the GET request, you want to put it into some other services (e.g. blob).

I think this is the webhook provided by Square  that you're trying to use. In Logic App, you can create a "Http Webhook" trigger, more documentation is available at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/connectors/connectors-native-webhook

Please let me know if this works and feel free to reach to me via email at Derek.Li (#) microsoft.com if you have any further question.

Derek

Saturday, January 7, 2017 12:51 AM
  • Afternoon,

Thanks so much for the quick responses. 

Dereck, I've followed your advice and the guide and yet I can't seem to get the trigger to fire from square.

I've subscribed to the feed and setup a requestbin. The requestbin is receiving the information from the square webhook; but my trigger isn't firing. I've set it up like the tutorial (change my notification url to mine); thoughts?

Saturday, January 7, 2017 3:18 AM
  • This looks to be a promising example; I'm not sure if it helps.

https://github.com/Azure/Azure-DataFactory/tree/master/Samples/HttpDataDownloaderSample

Saturday, January 7, 2017 4:18 AM