none
Refreshing a Ribbon for outlook VSTO C# using Visual Studio Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on an outlook addin that uses custom ribbons. For the first composed message, there are no issues and I'm able to modify the properties of the ribbons using Globals.Ribbons.UI.Ribbon.Enabled from within a windows form. When I close or send this message, and compose another message I can't seem to change the properties using Globals.Ribbons.UI.Ribbon.Enabled anymore. While I noticed that their values do change, the UI doesn't refresh to reflect it.

After some searching, I know that the Invalidate() function seems to be what I need according to this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31198709/ribbon-invalidate-null-exception-in-c-sharp-vsto-add-in. But I am having problems implementing this as I used the visual studio designer. If someone could chime in, I would very much appreciate it as I've been stuck on this bug for some time.

I'd also like to add that I am able to update the properties using MyRibbon.Label instead of Globals.Ribbons.UI.MyRibbon.Label if placed in a click event. This is not ideal for me though

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:34 PM