response 404, not found RRS feed

• Question

• User-1662964503 posted

Hi,

1) I have a Web Application built in AngularJS for UI and C# for the backend, working TFS built in database.
    2) The web application was up and running and the original developer left the team
    3) I am trying to deploy this working application on a different WebServer and use my credentials in the default application pool on IIS.

In this overall setup, when I try to use the URL from the web browser or do a "browse" from within IIS management console, I get the error "Response 404, not found".  

My understanding is, the client (browser) is able to talk to the Server, but, the server is not able to fetch what the browser is asking for.    And I localise the issue cause as the new user ID (myself) is not able to talk to the underlying TFS built-in database.  Am I correct in assuming the cause?  Could there be other causes?  If my interpretation is correct, how do I resolve 404 error?  Please share your thoughts

thank you

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:37 AM

Answers

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi msbi_etl2016,

A 404 error is an HTTP status code that means that the page you were trying to reach on a website couldn't be found on server. If you want to know why you're getting 404 error messages or request start hanging, use failed-request tracing. You could generate a failed request and view the resulting trace log.

reference: Troubleshooting Failed Requests Using Tracing

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:13 AM