VWD not declaring Server controls RRS feed

• Question

• User1810034403 posted

Hey guys,

Am in the middle of a project and randomnly VWD has stopped recognising new Server controls in the .vb code. For instance if I add a label and then try to set the text in the code behind VWD doesn't recognise the control ID. Can't figure out why it's not working. The label isn't inside any datacontrols or anything with any special conditions. It's just a regular Label on the page. Anyone experienced anything like and might have an idea why it's being a pain in the @rse?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:51 AM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

If you are not using VWD 2008, then I recommend you install your older version and upgrade to the newest one.  If you are already using VWD 2008, then it sounds like you may have a bad or corrupt installation.  I have seen this occur before, and it is worth doing a full uninstall, reboot, and then fresh install of the current version.

The behavior you are stating does not sound normal and should not be the expected behavior when referencing a server control. Lastly, if you can consistiently recreate this in a repoducable manner and think it is a bug, then you can report in at the follwing site:

Microsoft Connect:

http://connect.microsoft.com/

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 10:31 PM