Kinect for windows not connecting RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a Kinect for Windows model 1517. I have installed the windows sdk 2.0 and runtime environments. After doing so the windows 10 laptop I am using would not install the drivers necessary for the kinect to be seen by computer. The kinect green light would just blink. SO, I uninstalled the 2.0 sdk and installed the 1.8 sdk and then development kit and now the device manager shows the kinect sensor and drivers with no issues. I then checked to see what the sensor could see with gestures and open pool program and the kinect is not detected. I reinstalled the windows 2.0 sdk and runtime environments. Still no luck. My computer shows the kinect in device manager but microsoft gestures service does not see kinect. When I run the connect configuration verfier I get a couple of errors.

USB controller: yellow exclamation

Unknown USB 3.0 port detected

Kinect connected has red X

No kinect for windows v2 sensor connected

Verify Kinect depth and color streams has yellow exclamation

No kinect detected

I am running a Lenovo ideapad 330S with windows 10. 64 bit operating system. 8gb ram and ryzen 5 2500u with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX 2.0GHZ.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:04 PM

All replies

• UPDATE: I realize now I have the Kinect for Windows v1.

My windows 10 recognizes the audio. Still not able to see camera feed with different kinect apps.

The reason I am trying to get this to work is that I was going to use it for openpool.cc program on my pool table. This would explain now why the kinect20.dll error showed up when tring to run openpoolgui. It needs a kinect v2. I guess I just bought the wrong kinect.

Sunday, February 2, 2020 5:04 AM