none
How to prevent the need to re-scanning solution every time I create a class?

Question

• My problem is that every time I create a class, or move it into another folder the class files (.h and .cpp) become "unresponsive".

They lose all the automatic correction, colors and such, and they do not display any errors until I try to compile the solution.

However, this can be fixed by rescanning the solution each time I create a new class, however I hate doing that every time I create a class.

Is there any way to make it automatically re-scan my solution after creating a class?

Friday, August 19, 2016 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi TheShroom,

Thanks for your post.

>>My problem is that every time I create a class, or move it into another folder the class files (.h and .cpp) become "unresponsive".

This behavior is correct, it will change the path of the class files when move it to another folder. So when compile the solution. It will give the corresponding errors.

>>However, this can be fixed by rescanning the solution each time I create a new class, however I hate doing that every time I create a class

Could you please tell me what's the meaning of the rescanning the solution? I can't find this function in my Visual Studio 2015. Did you mean rebuild the solution?

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 22, 2016 6:08 AM