Add Ria service as datasource problem RRS feed

• Question

• Until today, I worked fine with wcf ria services in lightswitch, but now, when I want to add ria service as data source, I get following error: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.FXCop.Sdk.SystemsTypes' threw an exception. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Any ideas? Thanks
    Friday, November 30, 2012 2:34 PM

Answers

• This doesn't appear to be a LightSwitch-related problem, but with FX Cop  ("Microsoft.FXCop.Sdk.SystemsTypes threw an exception").

I assume that you're talking about VS 2012, not 2010? From memory, FX Cop is now part of VS 2012. Unless there's a way to disable it, the only thing I can think of is to suggest repairing VS 2012 to see if that fixes the error.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 1:16 PM

All replies

• This doesn't appear to be a LightSwitch-related problem, but with FX Cop  ("Microsoft.FXCop.Sdk.SystemsTypes threw an exception").

I assume that you're talking about VS 2012, not 2010? From memory, FX Cop is now part of VS 2012. Unless there's a way to disable it, the only thing I can think of is to suggest repairing VS 2012 to see if that fixes the error.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

did you solve your issue ? I face the same problem.

Thank you

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:00 PM
  • If you haven't already found a way around this, I found out how to make it work.  

Go into the properties of the solution and select "Code Analysis Settings" then set the Rule Set on the RIA package to "Microsoft Managed Minimum Rules" and it will let you add it.  Then if you like you can change it back to the default when you're done.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

B

• Proposed as answer by EZeee Friday, October 11, 2013 1:37 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 10:05 AM
  • This doesn't work for me.  I still get the error.  Very frustrated...

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:13 PM
  • I was getting this error earlier. It turned out I was mistakenly trying to add my RIA data source to my LS project again when in actual fact I should have been right clicking my RIA data source in the LS project and then clicking update data source. Case of going to bed rather than working too late I think!
    Monday, December 2, 2013 11:09 PM
  • Hi Yann,

Resurrecting this post, but I am with Visual Studio 2013 Premium - all updates installed and I get this error:

Cannot seem to find any help/solution/workaround. 

It happens when I want to add a WCF RIA Service datasource to my LightSwitch Project...

Any ideas?

Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:55 PM
  • Same problem as above, with Visual Studio 2013 Utiimate.  Could we please get someone to investigate this??
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:55 AM
  • Please, Just Restart your VS :D

• Proposed as answer by NanaKwame Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:17 PM
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:51 AM