VS 2010 unable resolve references after uninstalling extensions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed couple of extensions for my VS 2010 ultimate.... VSCommands 2010 and Productivity Power Tools. Uninstalled them. And now i see red underlines everywhere in my solution. I re-installed 2010, it doesn't help. All references are there (when i re-build solution builds fine) but still getting these red underlines. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi

What kind of project are you working on? If you are working on a VC++ project, please try to delete the IntelliSense database(.sdf file) to rebuild the database if the IntelliSense is corrupted.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/03/09/intellisense-browsing-options-in-vc-2010.aspx

Please consider the following lists of items that we can try, when we are facing IDE issue.

1. If we create a new project, do we have the problem? Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems. These are project specific.

2. If we disable Add-ins (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode”, do we still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins are causing problems.

3. If we use “devenv.exe /resetsettings”, does it solve the problem? It restores Visual Studio default settings.

4. If we create a new user account, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate user profile corruption related causes.

5. If the problem remains, we can use Visual Studio Uninstaller tool, http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2010uninstall, to uninstall and reinstall Visual Studio. It can restore the Visual Studio Installation into its original state.

6. If you are using other SDKs, e.g. Windows SDK, Windows Mobile SDK, DirectX SDK, etc,. Try to reinstall them. It may be the problem from SDK installation.

Hope these suggestions help.

Regards,

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:21 AM
  • Hello,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    Monday, November 28, 2011 2:07 AM
  • sorry for late reply... i tried few mentioned above. also re-installed the VS 2010 still could not able to resolve the issue.
    Monday, November 28, 2011 10:57 PM
  • Hi Santosh,

Did you use the tool I mentioned above for complete uninstalling VS2010  using switch /full /netfx ? It will help you remove Visual Studio and .Net framwork 4. Then reinstall them to see if it works.

Regards,

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:11 AM
  • Hello,

May I know the situation on your side? Is the issue resolved?

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    Monday, December 5, 2011 3:03 AM