none
Deployment of Windows Store app with brokered component

Question

• Hello,

What we are trying to do, is to call .Net functions from our WinRT app.  We researched that brokered components can be used for this purpose.  There is one thing that I don’t fully understand. Every guide that I was able to find talks about requirement to register the proxystub library on the machine, where the app will run (and yeah, it actually doesn’t work without registering it) and this can be done only as administrator from command prompt. Lets say that our customer deploys our app via enterprise sideloading. That brings out the question, how would actual deployment of app that icnludes brokered component work, if we can’t request our customer to run some „weird“ commands from command prompt? (not even mentioning the fact, that users who sideload our app are not administrators)

Thank you very much.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 11:57 AM

All replies

• The most likely approach would be to register it using startup-scripts or something similar on domain joined machines (similar to how software deployment of the old software worked - I assume the .Net componet has originated in a regular Desktop application?).
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 12:20 PM